Hanoi, Vietnam Asia Travel Photographer/Photography service.
Chua Tran Quoc pagoda.
The history of Chua Tran Quoc can be traced back to 545AD, during a revolt by the Vietnamese against their Chinese occupiers. The national hero Ly Bon built a wood-and-bamboo citadel at the mouth of the Song To Lich. At the same time, he also built the Chua Khai Quoc, or Foundation of the Country Pagoda, by the banks of the Red River. Chua Khai Quoc was the original name for Chua Tran Quoc.
In the 17th century, Chua Khai Quoc Pagoda was moved to its present side on the peninsula in Ho Tay, and was renamed Chua Tran Quoc. Historian learned all this from a stelae found on the premises. The stelae dates back to 1639.
- Ricky Gui
- Image Size
- 3744x5616 / 6.0MB
- Contained in galleries
- Hanoi, Vietnam